There are hundreds of ways to lose weight fast, But are these ways safe for your overall health? some say Don’t eat carbs, And don’t eat fats” and so on.
But all these types of fad diets won’t help you in the longer run, so the question is what you have to do?
For losing weight fast, The primary step is to keep tracking your calorie intake, The second thing you must know about how much calories your body needs in order to lose weight.
How to calculate
Meaning of the terms:
- BMR: The amount of energy (in the form of calories) that the body needs to function while resting for 24 hours is known as the Basal Metabolic Rate or BMR.
- Activity Factor: If you exercise lightly one to three times per week, multiply by 1.375. If you exercise three to five days per week, multiply by 1.55. For exercise six or seven days per week, multiply by 1.725; if you exercise seven days a week and also have a physically demanding job, multiply by 1.9.
- TDEE: Total Daily Energy Expenditure is an estimation of how many calories you burn per day when exercise is taken into account. Is calculated by first figuring out your Basal Metabolic Rate, then multiplying that value by an activity multiplier.
If you want a digital calculator for fat loss click on “Active“
In order to lose weight, you must eat less than you need, Or we can say you must be consuming fewer calories than your body need (caloric deficit)
So the 3 basic things we need to do to lose weight fast are :
- Track your diet
1. Track Your Diet To Lose Weight Fast
If we want to lose Weight Fast, The main and foremost thing is a perfect diet plan and in 2020 there are a lot of diets that people doing. And if you wanted to know the best app or website to track calories in your diet can click on “Healthline”.
But the Top 5 weight loss diets which work great to lose weight fast are :
Low Carbs Diet
In this diet, we consume low carbohydrates and high protein along with the medium quantity of fats.
Macro Ratio : 25C/45P/30F
Means, 25% of total calories comes from carbs
45% of total calories come from proteins
And 30% of total calories come from fats.
This keto diet emphasis fats, in this diet we take high fats, low medium proteins, and about no carbs (5% only) and it is one of the best weight loss diets which people follow and I have seen many of my clients losing weight in 10 days.
Macro ratio: 5C/20P/70F
Means, 5% of total calories comes from carbs
20% of total calories come from proteins
And 70% of the total calories come from fats.
And this Intermittent Fasting works by restricting your calorie intake by reducing the time period of eating. People often do fasting for 16 hours and only eat during 8 hours of the window.people also increase or decrease that eating window time according to their preference, And its most preferred weight loss diet for the working class.
Paleo diet is a dietary plan based on foods similar to what might have been eaten during the Paleolithic era, which dates from approximately 2.5 million to 10,000 years ago.
A paleo diet includes :
- Nuts and seeds
- Healthy meats, in particular, animals supplemented with grass or wild game
- Fish, which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, like salmon fish, tuna fish
- Oils which are extracted from the fruits and nuts, such as olive oil or almond oil
- Grains, such as wheat, oats, and barley
- Legumes, such as beans, lentils, peanuts and peas
- Dairy products
- Refined sugar
- Highly processed foods in general
High Protein Diet
High protein diet is the diet in which we need to consume a high protein, In this diet, we should eat protein-rich foods in every meal and fewer carbs and fats.
Basically it is designed for greater fat loss while maintaining maximum Lean muscle mass. In this diet On average, we have to consume 1.8g-2.2g of protein per kg of body weight.
Even we can go further at 2.5 & 3 g/kg body weight, Though This much high intake is not recommended for people who are having a sedentary lifestyle, it is for advanced level athletes and bodybuilders.
And all these diet works on Four basic,
Macro-nutrition’s are necessary to track in weight loss diet
Protein helps us in gaining lean muscle mass, and the fastest way to lose belly fat as well as the most important thing in weight loss diet.
Where a person can consume 1 gram protein which is equal to 4 calories, And a person can consume 0.8g/kg to 2.2g/kg of protein, according to your goals.
Carbohydrates are also a very essential macronutrient, Carbohydrates are one of the important macronutrients They are an important source of energy for your body. Your digestive system is transforming carbohydrates into blood sugar ( glucose). Your body uses this sugar for your cells, tissues, and organs to produce energy. And stores any extra sugar in your liver and muscles (muscle glycogen) for when it is needed.
Carbohydrates are mainly two types :
- Simple carbohydrates: depending on their chemical structure and activity, Simple carbohydrates include sugars found naturally in foods such as fruits, milk, milk products, etc.
- complex carbohydrates: They also produce added sugars during food processing and refining And include cereals and starchy vegetables, and legumes, etc. The complex carbohydrates are excellent sources of fiber.
Intake of carbohydrates depends upon what type of diet you are following, Where 1 gram of carbohydrate is equal to 4 calories.
Fats are an important type of, nutrient that you get from your food. It is essential to eat some amount of fats, but it may also harmful to eat too many fats.
fats you consume to give your body energy that is needed by your body for work. At the time of workout after consuming calories from the carbs when your body needs more energy then it takes energy from fats.
fat also helps to keep your skin and hair healthy. Also need fat to absorb vitamins A, D, E, and K, which are called fat-soluble vitamins. Fat also helps to keep your body warm by filling in the cells and insulating with your body.
1 gram of fat is equal to 9 calories, Fat intake also depends upon which diet you are following, but for a rough idea, you should consume at least 30% of your total calories from the fats.
Fiber is a very essential macronutrient, the foods which are rich in carbohydrates are also having fiber, dietary fiber doesn’t have any calories, they are very essential for our gut health also, Mostly plants based fruit and vegetables contain fiber on their Walls. fiber are very helpful for our digestive system, it also helps the excretion process Dietary fiber helps to prevent constipation.
1g fibre = 0 calories
Some foods which are rich in dietary fibers :
- Green vegetables
- banana etc….
2. Focus On Workout To Get Quick Weight Loss Results
When we focus on losing weight fast, we can perform many type of workouts such as:
Weight training: in weight training, we train our muscles with the help of external weights or equipment
E.g. dumbbell curls, bench press, barbell squat, etc.
Tabata: In this we have to perform a no. Of exercises continuously for a given time period.
Zumba : It’s a type of exercise in which people performs exercises in dancing form.
HIIT(high-intensity interval training): It is a type of training in which we do exercises with high intensity for a short duration along with a low-intensity exercise and then we repeat this again and again.
Cardio: cardiovascular exercises are to train our cardiovascular system, in which we can do running, jogging, skipping, swimming, etc.
Bodyweight workout: this type of workout you can perform without any external weights or equipment. The most important thing is that you don’t need any gym to perform these types of workouts and in my opinion, you can lose weight in 2 weeks, depends on your dedication and your diet plan, E.g. push-ups, squats, pull-ups, etc.
3. Recovery Is Most Important While Losing Weight
Real magic doesn’t happen when you are in the gym, it happens when you are out of it.After any workout your body needs to recover from that, that’s the time when the body repairs its muscle tissue.
So the big question is how to recover fast? So these are some short tips for the recovery.
- have a good sleep
- high protein intake
- Drink adequate water
- Micronutrients (vitamin and minerals)
- Rest days are very important
- proper nutrition
Top 10 Tips To Lose Weight Fast
1. Eat-in caloric deficit : You should eat fewer calories in order to lose weight.
2. Incorporate Resistance training: The resistance training is one of the best ways to train your muscles, it helps in losing weight (body fat) as well as in the development of your muscles.
3. Use cardio as a tool: Cardio is very good for your cardiovascular system, use it as a tool to create a caloric deficit in order to lose weight fast.
4. Eat your greens (green vegetables): Green vegetables are very rich in antioxidants and vitamins these are also rich in fiber which is also are very essential for our overall nutrition.
5. Adequate protein intake: Protein intake is very important when we are consuming low calories our body may lose muscles, to prevent that muscle loss adequate protein intake is a must. It is also necessary for gaining lean muscle mass.
6. Drink Plenty of Water: Is very essential, as we already know that about 60-70% of our body is made up of water, so keep drinking water.
7. Have patience: Weight loss is all about patience, you can’t achieve results overnight, so patience is the key.
8. Cut down your junk food intake: A slice of pizza doesn’t harm anyone, But your eating should be mindful. Yes, you can eat junk food once a while but don’t eat junk daily.
9. Track your calories: sometimes we are thinking that we are eating the required calories in a weight loss diet still, we are not achieving results, Then we start blaming our diet or genetics which does not right have patience it may be slow but you will get the result soon.
10. Consistency is key: Last and very important, keep doing the work, be consistent because results aren’t getting in days. How much weight you can lose depends on it.
In my opinion, the easy ways to lose weight fast is when you follow diet, workout and the short tips definitely you are going to achieve your goal soon as, You may easily lose about 3-5 kg of weight per month it basically depends on the body type as different people have the different body type So, the pace of weight loss can be different among different people. The more effort you are putting into your workout and diet also makes a difference in the losing weight fast.